Everyone store data and keeps a lot of information on their portable storage devices. It is very important
to password protect USB drives and keep your portable media safe and secure from any kind of data
leak and data theft. USB Lock protects your data from all type of theft in very convenient and effective
manner. It is PC independent and doesn’t require any administrative rights, so your portable data is
protected from unauthorized access all the time.
To password protect USB drives, please follow the simple instructions below:
- Download USB Lock, plug in your USB drive and run the setup to install it in your USB drive.
- The installation process is simple and quick and it will install USB Lock in your USB drive that is
currently plugged in. Please note that if you have more than one drives plugged in, the setup will
prompt your to select the drive on which you wish to install it.
- When you run the application for the first time, it will require you to set and confirm your
password. Please choose a secure password but make sure that you remember it all the time.
- Once you have set the password, simply click the ‘Protect’ button. USB Lock will password
protect your USB drive along with all the data that is stored on that drive.
- Please note that if you have installed USB Lock previously on this drive, your password is already
set and your USB drive is in protected state. In this case, the application will show you the
- Whenever you need to access your protected data, simply plug in your USB drive, double click
the USB Lock application to execute it. Enter your password and click ‘Unprotect’. Your USB
drive will get unprotected and your files and folders would become visible.