There is an increasing number of portable hard drive and other storage devices used in daily routine to
transport loads of confidential data, including employees data, health related information, business and
marketing plans, significant financial and intellectual information.
Along with the increase in usage, also increase the risk of data theft and data leaks which may lead to
serious consequences. It has become more important than ever to take necessary precautions when
carrying sensitive and confidential information in your portable hard drives, the best of them is to
password protect portable hard drives with USB Lock. It’s a simple one click process that will save you
from all kind of breaches. Here is how can do it:
- Plug in your portable hard drive that you want to protect with USB Lock, and run the USB Lock
- The program will get installed on your drive, if there are more than one drives plugged in, you
will be asked to select the drive.
- Once the program is installed, you need to set and confirm your password. Please be sure that
you can remember your password all the time, because there is no other way to access your
protected data. You can also set a password hint for convenience.
- Once the password is set, simply click the ‘Protect’ button to secure portable hard drive and
make it password protected.
- Please note that if you have installed USB Lock previously on this drive, your password is alreadyset and your USB drive is in protected state. In this case, the application will show you the‘Unprotect’ button.
- To unprotect your drive, plug in your drive on any windows running computer, enter the
password and click the ‘Unprotect’ button. Your data will instantly become accessible.